Content Not Retrievable

I used the page editor to build a page. I saved the page. I saved the page numerous times as I was building the page. I saved the page as a template, twice in the course of building the page. I reloaded the cornerstone page editor, the content is gone from the builder, despite still being visible on the front end, and the template is not accessible from the page editor, despite existing when you go to templates.

I tried creating a new page to see if the templates I’d created were accessible from that new page. They were not.

I’m experiencing this issue on
WP 5.9.3
Pro Theme 5.1.5
PHP 7.4.29

I experience this issue with no child theme or plugins of any kind activated, so it is NOT a plugin or theme conflict.

Hello @alex5252,

Thanks for writing in! Based on the information that you shared, it seems that you page and template were not saved. If it is viewable in the frontend, when you edit the page, do you see the "Edit in Cornerstone " button like this?

To better assist you with the issue, please provide us your WP credentials so we can investigate. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

That is what it looks like yes. I’ve put the credentials to the site in a secure note.

Hello @alex5252,

If you go to Tools > Site Health > Status, there are security issues. You must resolve these issues especially these:

Your website does not send all recommended security headers.
Upgrade Insecure Requests
X-XSS protection
X-Content Type Options
Referrer-Policy
Expect-CT
X-Frame-Options
Permissions-Policy
HTTP Strict Transport Security

To learn more about these issues, please check this out:

And also your PHP Upload max filesize and PHP post max size are too low. You need to increase it to be able to save the page. Check out this documentation to know how:

Kindly let us know how it goes.

I upped the php max filesize and php post max size to 256MB and added the headers prescribed by the documentation to the .htaccess file in the root folder of my website.

This did NOT fixed the security risks and my content is still NOT retrievable.

Hello @alex5252,

Which page you are trying to edit or retrieve? Please send us the page URL so we can investigate. meanwhile, I have created a test page and I was able to save my change, view the live page and I was able to save it as a template.

Please see the secure note for the URL of the test page.

Best Regards.

the link to the pages are a secure note. I am experiencing the issue with both the original page, and a brand new page that I created, not from duplicating, but just starting from scratch.

Also on my end the templates do not load from the page editor on the page that you created.

Hello @alex5252,

I have saved the page as a template with no issues. Please check out the screenshots and my video demo in the secure note below.

Thank you.

So I was still unable to get templates to work for me. It didn’t make sense it’d work for you and not me unless there was something in my cache. I cleared the cache and not only do the templates load now, but the content I’d had on the page re-appeared.

Hi @alex5252,

I have checked and it worked for me too. I have inserted the template through the Load Template option shown by my colleague and also through the Use Template and then import it from the My Template tab as shown in the given screenshot.

If none of the options are not working at your end, I would request you provide a screencasting video to understand what exactly happening while you are trying the same.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.