Content JS for non-super-admins

Hi everyone,

I’m working on an enterprise client, where I need content JS access for a specific page. However it’s required for the user to be Super Admin to be able to do this. But for security reasons, they can’t give me Super Admin, only regular.
Is there any fixes for this? Why can’t I decide who gets to do JS on the website?

Best Regards,
Rasmus Christensen

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

All customization related options should be accessed by admin only. And it’s a must for security purposes, if you allow ordinary users to customize your site then you’re allowing the possibility of malware injection especially it’s a javascript. The same reason they can’t give you a Super Admin access. You may need to install another 3rd party plugin that will allow you embedding your javascript to the specific page, it’s usually done through functions.php, but since you’re not Super Admin, then you can’t do that as well. Maybe there is a 3rd party plugin that you could use, please please consider the security vulnerability it could cause.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Rad,

Thanks for your answer.
Yeah I figured it was for security reasons :(… I’ll have to work out a solution for that. I’d only need JS access for testing on a specific page. Can be removed afterwards.

Thanks for your response!

On behalf of my colleague, you’re welcome. Cheers! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.