Content Editor Settings Override Pro Theme Settings

Pro has new tab called Content Builder with colors for links, buttons, etc. For some bizarre reason, after upgrading to 1.2.3, and changing a theme option in another tab (NOT Content Builder)…the default button colors and button styles in Content Builder overrode the existing color settings in the Buttons tab (but oddly not the link colors in the Typography tab) sitewide.

I basically had to go into Content Builder and copy the same settings into there as is in the Typography and Buttons tabs. Why does this Content Builder tab exist in Pro? It’s not a separate plugin and everything in it is already covered in other theme options tabs. Strange.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! in the latest release of Pro 1.2.x, we have launched V2 elements. These elements has individual controls for the colors, font size and more. This is why if you use V2 Button element, the button global settings will be overridden with whatever is set in the Button Advanced Controls. If you want you global settings to take effect, please make use of the classic elements instead.

Hope this helps.

Not sure your reply is related to what I reported. You mention button “global” settings. What I wrote is that there are TWO places in theme options to set global button settings. A) Why are there two places for global settings? B) Why are the Content Builder global settings overriding Buttons global settings?

What I’m telling you is that at worse, this is an obvious bug. At best, it’s a poor implementation of global settings for buttons.

Hello Again,

Sorry for the confusion. I think we are not on the same page. In the original post, you say about this:

Pro has new tab called Content Builder with colors for links, buttons, etc....

In the latest Pro, we only have these:



Could you please show us a screenshot where did you find this new tab?

Thank you in advance.

On my install - I had an additional tab that does not appear in yours called “Content Builder”. This is even though Cornerstone is not installed as a separate plugin on my system. Strange, yes. This coupled with another weird issue support brought to my attn led me to believe my install was porked up from when X changed to Pro. So I deleted the whole theme folder, reinstalled it and now I’m “normal”. So this topic is now resolved as the extra Content Builder tab is no longer there.

Hello There,

We are just glad that you have figured it out a way to correct the said issue.
Thanks for letting us know!

Best Regards.