When I used Content Dock on my x theme website, I noticed it only worked on my desktop site, but didn’t show up on my mobile site. Does this feature not work on the mobile version?
Hi There,
Please add the following CSS under Customizer > Custom > Global CSS:
@media (max-width: 767px){
.x-content-dock {
display: block;
}
}
There seem to be about 59 lines of copy in this area you’re suggesting I place this code. Do I need to place it anywhere in particular? Or just at the bottom of the various list of code?
Hi again,
The Content Dock is visible on displays larger than 767px and will be hidden on any displays smaller than this. This is for numerous usability reasons, which mostly have to do with ensuring that your site’s primary content is always accessible and not completely hidden by the Extension and that the close button is not inaccessible. Please note that we can’t provide support to the issues caused by displaying it in mobile view since it is intended for displays larger than 767px.
Please navigate to Appearance > Customize > Custom > Edit Global CSS: and just paste the above code at the end.
Hope this helps!
So just to clarify - the content dock is designed truly only for messages we want to share on screen versions of our website that are larger than the mobile site, so it’s not really meant for the mobile site.
That is fine - if that’s the case - we didn’t know that.
But, if that’s the case, I’m unclear what the suggestion of adding the code above then will address? Is that a workaround that will force the content dock to show up on our mobile site? And, if so, are you stating above, if we attempt to use it and it creates any unexpected changes to our website, that you cannot provide further support to assist there?
I want to be clear before moving forward. Thanks!
Hi there,
Yes that’s right, Content Dock is meant for larger screens ( larger than 767px ) it’s not meant for mobile sites. The above code we provided is just a work around that will force the content dock to show up on your mobile site, this may cause content visibility issues and inaccessibility of the close button, since it’s not meant for mobile sites, we won’t be able to provide support to the issues caused by this.
Hope this helps!
Okay - thank you for clarifying. I will save this for a later date, should I need to use it, but likely won’t install that code right now. As I’m thinking about this, I believe it’s better if it’s not on the mobile site, as Google will ding you in the search now from what I understand if you have pop-up’s on your mobile site.
Glad we could help.
Cheers!
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.