Content Dock jQuery Error

Hello,

When I updated to X 10.0.2 and Cornerstone 7.0.2, Content Dock began creating a browser “referrenceError: jQuery is not defined”

content-dock-jquery-error

Website is https://www.bellafsm.com/

I temporarily deactivated Content Dock.

Please advise how to fix.

Best regards

Hello @jnlinn,

Thanks for writing in! Please make sure to update WordPress core and all the plugins especially the Content Dock plugin to version 2.0.7 as well. After the updates, clear all your plugin caches before testing the site again.

You may also do the following:

If nothing is helping, we would love to check your site. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Kindly let us know how it goes.

I have Content Dock 2.0.7, the latest version of X, cornerstone, and WordPress. This cannot be a conflict with another plugin since it started as soon as I updated X and Cornerstone.

When I am not logged into WordPress, the “ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined” browser error occurs and the content dock does not display.

The content dock displays if I am logged into WordPress and have a post open with the Cornerstone editor. However, the close button does not display correct. Here is image:

Is this a conflict with classic/legacy elements? I have been using X Theme for years and always seen to have issues with legacy data and elements.

Hi @jnlinn,

I have checked your website but didn’t find the issue you described here. If you have deactivated the plugin, please activate it for further investigation. If that is not possible, please copy your live site to a staging server and activate the plugin so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

I have the same probleme

Apologies for the issues. There’s a number of older plugins that need to have jquery re enqueued. And we will get those fixed soon. I’ll keep this thread updated.
See the following filter if you need these pages working right now.

add_action("init", function() {
  wp_enqueue_script('jquery');
});

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.