Content Dock installation/activation fails after upgrade from v5 to v6

The problem occurs on this site: http://honorarberatung-hannover.de

I updated to X v6.0.4. Before the update (v5) the Content Dock was working fine. After the update the Content Dock disappeared from front end. I have no cache plugins installed.

I have deleted the Content Dock plugin and reinstalled via X’s Validation page. Then I clicked the “Go Activate” button. But after I activated the Content Dock plugin, X Theme says it is not installed (in Validation page it offers me to install the plugin although it is already installed and activated). Other plugins survived the major update without problems. But Content Dock seems not. Any further suggestions would be much appreciated.

Hi,

You need to login to FTP using Filezilla then delete content-dock folder in wp-content/plugins

After deleting it you can then go to X > Validation and re-install the plugin.

Make sure to backup your site before doing this.

Thanks

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately it stays the same.
I deleted the “tco-content-dock” folder from /wp-plugins. But it still says the plugin is not installed after I activated it.

Hi raye,

I can reproduce this issue as well at my end. It has been reported to our dev team for further investigation. Unfortunately, I don’t have an ETA yet for the update that would address this issue. The good thing is you still can use the plugin, it’s just not being detected as installed and activated on the validation page.

Thanks.

Ah, yes you are right, the Conetent Dock is displayed at the front end after proper configuration in the settings screen. So no big problem here.

I think the configration changed after the update. All selected pages and posts were deselected in the Content Dock settings. That is why, it did not appear on front end side. But after selecting pages/postst again it works as expected (beside this plugin installation bug).

Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this.

This has been added to our issue tracker for our developers to look into.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.