Content Dock Displaying Too Early

I’ve set my content dock to display at 80% of page height, but instead it is popping out after scrolling only a few pixels. No idea why…

Hi, there!

Thanks for asking. Visiting one of the pages you set up with Content Dock and it seems correct (on Chrome):
http://uptownenergysolutions.com/commercialsolar/?utm_expid=132691696-1.ys2I4cDMSKq_ypPGwzMjfA.1&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fuptownenergysolutions.com%2F

But the error occurs on your home page http://uptownenergysolutions.com/ when you are connected as admin. If you’re not connected, the page is redirected to http://uptownenergysolutions.com/home and Content Dock is not set.

We’re investigating the issue and will report to you here soon.

Thanks for you patience!

Hi Rafael,

Thanks for the reply. I am currently running an A/B test on my home page through Google Analytics - one with the content dock and one without - this explains why you may be redirected to uptownenergysolutions.com/home.

That is strange that the issue only seems to occur on the home page though, and not the commercial page as well. Do you have any updates to your investigation so far?

Hi there,

Your home page is named Maximize Your Solar Energy ROI but it’s not selected in Include page option in your content dock setting. I selected it and it works.

Thanks!

Rad,

Why did you do that!? That wasn’t the issue at all. As I mentioned, I am running an A/B test on that page and now you have compromised my data. How is your grasp of the English language? I know what pages it was/was not set to and clearly stated that fact in my previous message.

If you read my original message, the problem I am having is that THE CONTENT DOCK IS DISPLAYING TOO EARLY. As in, I have it set to display at 80% but it is displaying right after just a few percent.

Can somebody else help? Rafael seemed to grasp the issue…

Hey, @uptownenergy,

Testing your site I discovered that the javascript responsible for rendering the Content Dock is miscalculating the height. But only on the page you mentioned, and I couldn’t reproduce that locally. Possibly some element is causing the issue, maybe another plugin. But we cannot handle that directly in your site.

An approach would be: create a copy of the page, check if the problem still happens, and then try to remove more specific parts one by one to find what’s causing the problem.

If you could that, we can have a clue about the cause.

Thanks for your patience.

Hi Rafael,

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried duplicating the page and there was no issue with the new duplicate page. The issue must be with the analytics experiment code in the header.php file.

I confirmed this by testing the page uptownenergysolutions.com/commercial-solar (there is an experiment script in the header on this page as well) and there is the same issue, but not on uptownenergysolutions.com/commercialsolar.

Hi, there,

Great to hear you find a way to isolate the problem.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks!