Content Builder does not match live site - Custom CSS/Saved Presets not displaying

Hello,

After the latest update our site isn’t performing correctly? All of the elements that were custom CSS or SAVED PRESETS within X Theme aren’t displaying live but are displaying in the builder? Only the Homepage is affected?

I tried to revert to a previous save, deleted and reinstalled all plugins - I don’t want to reinstate a backup of the entire site since only one page is affected and we just did some major work on the site from the last backup on Saturday…

Any suggestions are welcomed or has this happened to anyone else?

Hi Cyndy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Seems like a cache issue, after doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

This sometimes happens when you have an unclosed HTML tag in the content, it breaks the elements on the page. Please check your page content and close all the HTML tags.

If the issue persists then please follow the troubleshooting steps here https://theme.co/docs/common-issues

If you still have problems then please get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thanks!

HI,

I clear the Cache (we use SuperCache) before and after the update since we experience A LOT of caching issues with this theme regarding custom CSS and my own saved presets made in the theme. I also cleared our cache in Cloudflare. Our COO’s husband is a software engineer and he has already told us what’s occurring but has no idea why?

I’ll reply with login information in another note and his explanation in hopes that it helps figure this out…

Hey Cyndy,

The credentials provided don’t work. Please review them and update us with the correct credentials.

I’ve checked the source code of your home page and all CSS seem correct. Since the issue is only happening in the home page, there could be something in the content causing the issue. You can narrow down what’s causing the issue by saving your home page as a template using the Template Manager. Then, load the template in a test page and in there, remove sections 1 by 1 while checking if the issue persists each time. The last section you removed that fixes the issue is the culprit so we need to investigate that part.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.