Content Area off Canvas only allowing link from Icon

Hi All,

I originally built a site using X in 2018 (Version 6.5.x) and on our About page, I used the Content Area off Canvas element for our team bios, which allowed me to use text (employee name and tile) to open the content. Fast forward 3 years and we need to add a team member and the only function for opening Content Area off Canvas appears to be an icon. Current X Theme installed is 8.1.5

Here is the page:
https://pressforwardpr.com/about/

The original employee names entered in X 6.5.x still work (Danny, Megan, Jud). Matt is the new employee and I can only create a new Content Area off Canvas that shows an Icon. (I used text elements to mimic the appearance of Matt Ogelby’s name and title in the short term.)

Old Content Area off Canvas allows for text as link. This text is a functional link to open the Area off Canvas, but the text is no longer editable.

Is there a workaround, or something that I am just not seeing? Thanks in advance!

Hi Judson,

Thank you for writing in, first off, please update your X and Cornerstone to the latest versions. You can refer here for the latest compatible versions.

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Now on the issue at hand, on the Off Canvas element, you can enable and disable the text and graphic of the toggle.

Then scroll just under that, under the text tab, you should see the primary and secondary text fields.

Please note that these screenshots are from the latest version, so they will look different from the current one you have.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

2 Likes

Thank you @friech. Works great now!

Hi Judson,

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.