Content area not loading when editing page after cornerstone update

Hi there,

I am getting an error while editing a page via cornerstone. Content area is always loading and I can’t scroll the other sections created. Attached is an error I found in console, that may cause the issue.

When console error is clicked it shows “invalid pixelID”.

Site info that may help:

WP version: 5.7.2
PHP version: 7.1.33
Cornerstone version: 5.3.3
X Theme version: 8.3.3

Looking forward for your response! Thanks!!

Hello @DouglasJames,

Thanks for writing to us.

Please make sure your server PHP version is 7.4 or plus as recommended on our version compatibility page. It is also recommended by WordPress as well please have a look at this article.

I would suggest you follow the below steps while updating to the latest version of the theme.

1. Delete the Cornerstone
  2. Update the X theme to the latest version on automatic updates
  3. After the X theme is updated, use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone It will be at the latest version.

I would also suggest you troubleshot a few common issues on this.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi @prakash_s,

Thank you for your help. Following the instructions abled me to update and scroll directly to each sections, after updating the PHP version and found out that a plugin has a conflict with cornerstone.

It’s just that upon clicking the elements, the content area is still loading and the console error talking about srcdoc is still showing, is it related why content area is loading?

error in content area

Looking forward for you reply. Thank you!

Hi @DouglasJames,

If you have already gone through the recommendations given by my colleague, I would request you provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hi @tristup, added a secure note, please check. Thanks!

Hi @DouglasJames,

I have checked your website and found the issue described, and it seems there might be some different reason behind it. As you have already gone through the common issues, I would suggest you please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hi @tristup, we will check the staging for you to continue and get back when all is prepared.

Thank you!

Hello @DouglasJames,

Please let us know when it is ready.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.