I downloaded the Church demo but I’m not seeing the content above the header (the concert crowd with logo ), any reason why this could be? I really like the function and would like to use it. Thanks
Hi There,
Thank you for writing in, that is a Revolution Slider, that means you did not install the Revolution Slider extension before you imported the demo.
If you have not installed the Revolution Slider yet, please navigate to X > Overview > Extension and install the Revolution Slider.
Then download the Chruch Home Page slider from the link below and import it to your Revolution Slider.
Then edit your Home page, under the Slider Settings: Above Masthead option select the slider that you just imported.
Hope it helps,
Cheers!
Oh, I see, will do and thanks!
I’m also developing in a local environment and Google maps isn’t showing, I assume once I go live this will change?
I’m actually not seeing where this link is you mentioned to download the Church Homepage slider to import into Revolution. Also I activated it (says it’s activated under plugins) but it says Not Activated in Slider Revolution itself. Do I need to register it?
Hi There,
You need to have an API key for your Google Map
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS3wuRDEsuM)
Can you confirm that you’re not seeing the link I provided on the bottom of my previous reply (Secure note)? Try clearing your browser’s cache.
Just activate the Slider Revolution from the Plugins page. No need to register it, Slider Revolution will work 100% fine.
Let us know how it goes,
Thanks,
Hello, the link is there now, and all worked, thanks!
Regarding the API key, I’ve never done it this way before - can I just create an API key under my own Google account as in the video you sent for this customer’s website or do I need to create it under their Google account? Thanks
I realize now I’ve just embedded Google maps before, what’s the difference between API and embedding. Is API a better way to do it? Thanks
Hey There,
The difference with embedding the map versus map is that, with the map, you will have to supply the coordinates of the map and have more control over what you want to display in the map. Unlike with the map embed where in you will be relying on the settings coming from the embed code.
Hope this helps.
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.