Contact form taking very long to send

Hi There,

Our contact form takes about 10 seconds to send the form which causes users to click again thinking nothing has happened and causes double mail sends. How do we fix this?

Hello @craig11,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be the issue of plugin conflict or JS/CSS customization. I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache
  5. Child Theme

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copy your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi There, tried disabling plugins and thought honeypot might be an issue but still no luck.

Please see login details to staging site

Hello @craig11,

I tried to access your site dashboard but the given login details are not working on my end. Please recheck and send us again.

Thanks

Hi Prakash, set and confirmed as working now.

Please let me know if you still have issues?

Hello @craig11,

Your issues could be related to this:

By the way, please go to Tools > Site Health > Status. Make sure to resolve the performance issues. If you go to Tools > Site Health > Info > Server, you can see the your only have 8M for the PHP Upload max filesize and the PHP post max size. You may need to increase it to at least 32M. Perhaps, you can contact your hosting provider for further assistance.

Best Regards.

Hi Rue,

I have access to Cpanel but was not able to increase it but these dont seem to be related. This is an upload size which is not related to the contact form?

Did you find anything on the staging site?

This has been updated as requested but still getting slow sends on contact form submissions.

Hey @craig11,

The contact form in your staging site submits quickly unlike your live site. That tell us our theme could not be the cause of the issue. But, you can prove it by inserting your contact form in a regular test page then switch to the default WordPress theme then check if it submits fast. If the issue persists, that means it’s something other than our theme that is causing the issue. And if that is the case, you need to reach out to the contact form plugin’s support.

Thanks.

Hi Christian,

Tested this on the default page and yes its the same.

What is nice on the default contact for there is a progress circle indicating it is busy sending.
How can i get that on the live theme on X for the form?

Maybe that will stop people clicking until it sends

Hey @craig11,

I also tried to use contact form 7 on my development website and it is just loading fine so quickly. That being said, it would be best if you could reach out to your hosting provider for further assistance.

Regarding the spinner, this is a known issue and it was already reported to our development team. But please note that Contact Form 7 is a 3rd party plugin and we can’t guarantee a fix for this sooner.

Hope that helps.

So i replaced contact form 7 with WPForm Lite and it is instant on sending again.

Not sure what was not happy with Contact Form 7 but this at least is a working solution

Hey @craig11,

We’re glad that you’re able to find an alternative solution to your issue! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.