Contact form 7 success/fail message not displaying

The contact form 7 success/fail message stopped displaying. I looked through the code and checked the css. I finally changed the template to the default wp version (bertha???). The message displays fine after submitting.

Please advise. Thank you.

https://kcflag.com/custom-flags/

Hi @kstidham,

Thanks for reaching out!

I just check your website and your X theme is outdated then maybe it is one of the reason why the confirmation message is not displaying. I suggest that you update your X theme to the latest version and please follow the procedure below.

1.) Uninstall and delete cornerstone plugin ( to avoid any issue when updating the X theme)
2.) Update your X theme to the latest version
3.) Install the cornerstone plugin again

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Followed instructions and still dealing with the issue. Please advise. Thank you.

Hi @kstidham,

You have this custom CSS that is hiding the form’s response output.

.wpcf7-response-output {
     display: none;
}

I can not pinpoint where is this coming from because the CSS on your site is minified.

Please check your Theme Options > CSS and Page > CSS, if it’s not there, please check the other possible custom CSS area that the site might have.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

I have seen the same css on site’s where the message displays. We’ll figure it out.

Hi @kstidham,

It seems that the CSS minification is one of the reasons behind your issue, I would like to suggest you disable the minification and check if that resolves the issue. If that does not helps, you can add the following custom CSS code into the Theme Options > CSS to get rid of the issue.

form.wpcf7-form.submitting .ajax-loader 
{
    visibility: visible;
}
form.invalid .wpcf7-response-output
{
    display: block;
}

form.sent .wpcf7-response-output
{
    display: block;
}

Please remember that the above code will work if copied as it is and doesn’t conflict with any existing style.
Please note that the code provided serves only as a guide to help you get started custom coding on your own if there’s no option offered in our theme or the products we bundle.
We really do not provide support for custom codes that means we can’t fix it in case it conflicts with something on your site nor will we enhance it.

Thanks

I could not find where the minification was coming from. I checked the only plugins that would control minification and neither was enabled. I applied the css you provided and it now works fine. Thank you for your assistance.

Hi @kstidham,

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.