Contact form 7 long delay after submitting

Hi there,

I’ve been having an issue with contact form 7 on a client’s site. When the user hits submit, it takes more than a minute to submit.

Any thoughts on what could be causing the problem?

I have tried disabling other plugins associated with CF7, including flamingo. I also tried disabling Recaptcha 3, as I read that can cause problems, but no difference…

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Alexis

Hello Alexis,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be the issue of plugin conflict or JS/CSS customization. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache
  5. Child Theme

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi Prakash,

I’ve gone through and tried your suggestions, but still no luck unfortunately.

I’ve set up a staging site where I’ve disabled all plugins other than what’s required for the forms, and I have it set to pro theme instead of the child theme.

Attached are creds to take a look.

Thank you!!

Hello Alexis,

The given credentials are not working please recheck and send us again.

Thanks

Hi Prakash,

Sorry about that, not sure what happened there.

Attaching new creds…

Thanks!

Alexis

Hey Alexis,

I have logged in to your site and it seems that the Gmail SMTP plugin is causing the issue. I have temporarily deactivated the plugin and I also added [response] in your contact form so that we can easily see any form response. I can now click the submit button and see a response instantly.

Kindly check your contact us page now.

Hey Ruenel,

Yes, that works! So what would you recommend regarding the Gmail SMTP plugin, should I try switching to a different one or just leave it deactivated? My concern is the deliverability if I leave it deactivated.

Thanks so much for your help!

Alexis

Hello Alexis,

If possible, use the WP Mail settings to avoid any conflict or issue. Most CF7 users rely on the WP Mail as default.

Cheers.

Hi Ruenel,

Perfect, will do then.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

Hi Alexis,

You’re welcome and it’s our pleasure to help you! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.