Constant Contact no longer supplies API key / Access Token

Hello!

I can’t properly connect ConvertPlus with Constant Contact due to multiple changes.

From Constant Contact: Note: Using a 3rd party software that requires a Constant Contact API and Access Token are not a best practice, and we don’t recommend it.

How can I successfully create a list in Connects and have it sync with CC if I can authenticate?

In fact, Constant Contact is already connected with the Wordpress site. It’s only ConvertPlus that is presenting an issue.

Thanks in advance for any direction you can provide.

Hello Stacey,

Thanks for writing in! The ConvertPlus plugin supports the Constant Contact addon as long as you have integrated it properly. Please check out the documentation first and follow the guide:

If the above documentation still gives you any problem, provide us access to your site so that we can check your Convertplus plugin settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

I have the API key and Access Token now and they’ve been tested sucessfully. But I get an error on the screen where I add the API key and access token to Connects. If I click the error message "Your credentials seems to be changed. Use different ‘Constant Contact’ credentials ", the message disappears and I need to re-enter the key and token. If I click "Where to find this?](https://developer.constantcontact.com/api-keys.html), it doesn’t work, because I set-up a developer account outside (but linked) to the Constant Contact account, as per the instructions. However, there already were developer apps associated with the Constant Contact account. As well, the plugin that Convert Plus uses to connect to Constant Contact is being used by additional forms within Wordpress to all populate the same mailing list. (I did not build this site but am now managing it.)

Hey Stacey,

We would be happy to investigate this issue further. Please provide us access to the site so we can check your plugin settings and find if there are any errors or conflicts.

Thanks.

Hey Stacey,

I couldn’t log in to your site because either the username or the password is incorrect. Please check this.

Going back to your first post, you said Constant Constant is already connected with the WordPress site. Does that mean you have other Constant Contact connections other than ConvertPlus. That might be conflicting with the ConvertPlus connection. Please try disabling other connections and see if the ConvertPlus connection will work.

Thanks.