Conflict with WP 4.8.1 and Visual Composer

There is a major conflict with WP 4.8.1 and Visual Composer that is resolved by their latest update (version 5.2.1). It is preventing font styles from loading in the “Formats” drop-down menu. I talked with someone at Visual Composer and they confirmed that their update WILL fix the problem.

Your theme is not allowing me to update the plugin to fix the problem. Please advise ASAP. Our clients cannot make changes to their sites until this is resolved or you allow the plugin update.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! The latest supported version of VC in X is still 5.1.1. This is because VC is a bundled plugin and as part of the bundled plugins, all updates will be course through our Theme.co plugin repository. Our developers is already testing the version 5.2.1 at the moment. The VC update will be available in automatic updates soon.

Please watch out for it.

When will you make this a priority? My clients (literally) cannot use the plugin or make changes to their web pages right now because of this conflict. This is a HUGE issue.

Hi there,

I’m not sure when it will be available, but I directly forwarded it to our developers. Please stay tuned.

Thanks!

When will I know it’s available? Will someone notify me here?

Hi there,

The update should be available now through automatic updates. Please install the latest bundled VC :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Awesome. That fixed our issue. Thanks for making the update a priority. I appreciate it!

Glad to hear it.