Conflict with The Grid on Themeco X page

Hello,

I have seen some topics on this but nothing directly related. I have been experiencing issues ever since I included WPML translations on my site when it interacts with The Grid plugin.

The pages in questions are these two:

When the page loads it quickly shows one box of the grid and then disappears. Here is what I have done so far:

• List item Removed all WPML plugins and troubleshot to see if that removed the issue, it didn’t

• List item Attempted to update The Grid to the latest version, I did and nothing happened

I think it might be the fact that my page is timing out but I would like some support to check if the theme is having any issues.

Thanks,
Jeffrey

Hi Jeffrey,

Thanks for reaching out.

There could be a plugin or custom code that affects your The Grid Plugin.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Thanks for the tutorials. I tried them all and found multiple errors but no real way to solve them.

Here is my first:
My post pages arent sharing the custom CSS from my theme across both pages correctly. There are two pages per post page, 1) English, and 2) French. This is what the CSS looks like for English:

/*Updated Blog Post CSS Edits*/
.entry-title 
{
   display: none;
}

.p-meta {
}

.single .x-container.max.width.offset {
    width: 100%;
    max-width: none;
    margin-top: 0%;
    margin-bottom: 0%;

}

.single .entry-featured {
}

.single .entry-wrap {
    padding: 0; 
   padding-right: 0;
}

.entry-footer{
  display:none;
}

/*Lightbox Popup Settings*/
div.ilightbox-holder div.ilightbox-container {
   max-width: 78vw;
   max-height: 78vh;
}

.ilightbox-holder.light {
  left: 10vw !important;
  right: 10vw !important;
}

/* Button for Lightbox Video*/
.x-btn.my-btnlb {
  font-weight: 600;
  font-size: 1em;
  letter-spacing: 0.1em;
  color: #00427a;
  border-color: #00427a;
  background-color: transparent;
  padding: .75rem 2rem .75rem 2rem;
  border-radius: .28em;
  text-shadow: none !important;
  width: 100%;
}

.x-btn.my-btnlb:hover {
  color: #ffffff; 
  background-color: #00427a;
  text-shadow: none !important;
}

This is what the CSS becomes for the French (a single line version that it always reverts back to):

/*Updated Blog Post CSS Edits*/n.entry-title n{n   display: none;n}nn.p-meta {n  display: none;n}nn.single .x-container.max.width.offset {n    width: 100%;n    max-width: none;n    margin-top: 0%;n    margin-bottom: 0%;nn}nn.single .entry-featured {n    display: none;n}nn.single .entry-wrap {n    padding: 0; n   padding-right: 0;n}nn.entry-footer{n  display:none;n}nnn/*Lightbox Popup Settings*/ndiv.ilightbox-holder div.ilightbox-container {n   max-width: 78vw;n   max-height: 78vh;n}nn.ilightbox-holder.light {n  left: 10vw !important;n  right: 10vw !important;n}nnn/* Button for Lightbox Video*/n.x-btn.my-btnlb {n  font-weight: 600;n  font-size: 1em;n  letter-spacing: 0.1em;n  color: #00427a;n  border-color: #00427a;n  background-color: transparent;n  padding: .75rem 2rem .75rem 2rem;n  border-radius: .28em;n  text-shadow: none !important;n  width: 100%;n}nn.x-btn.my-btnlb:hover {n  color: #ffffff; n  background-color: #00427a;n  text-shadow: none !important;n}n

Further here are the screenshots of what the page should look like with the URLs (EN and FR) for the reference:

English: https://decisionbrain.com/yantian-hit-terminals/
French: https://decisionbrain.com/fr/port-de-shenzhen-yict-et-hong-kong-hit/

I provided login credentials in the first message and kept those open so you can explore further.

I’ve solved the issue with the CSS cross over.

For any others curious in the future:

• If your CSS wasn’t copying to the french page or it was copying in the same format as mine (an unusable format)
  • Go to the individual page/post effected and edited it
  • Proceed to the Multilingual Content Setup in the Editing area
  • Click “Show System Fields” Under the Custom Fields tab
  • Find “_cornerstone_settings” and change it to “copy”
  • Now the CSS will copy to the translated page/post

Now to finish my request, have you looked into the initial problem with The Grid? The theme started translating tags and excerpts and WPML says it’s compatible with the Themeco theme. I refreshed the cache on The Grid and improving the tagging structure but the french version of The Grid on the Customers and Resources page has been unpredictable.

It would be very helpful if someone could use those credentials to go and explore the theme issues in this case. I know you don’t support 3rd party plugins but The Grid does come as part of the Themeco package and it could be helpful if you check the conflicts with that as well.

Hello Jeffrey,

In relation to the Grid plugin and WPML, kindly check out this solution here:

Best Regards.

Hey,

This support article came to the conclusion that it couldn’t be done and you need to duplicate the grid feature and then re-translate with a new grid. That is something I could do; however, I would like to remove the actual issue rather than just hiding it. Additionally, I am trying to remove edit points/features as the website scales.

All the same, my credentials have been up for two days without a review so I will close them and consider this my only option.

For those who might read this and need support but can’t get it from Themeco support, here are the other forums that didn’t really come to a conclusion but have some better interactions and a brief summary of what the given solution is from the WPML support article.

Hi Jeffrey,

Thanks for the feedback. It has been noted.

Cheers.

Hey,

Just curious. Why has this been unlisted?

I think it could be useful for others. Obviously, if I find a way to solve all this I will post it. Was it because I was critical of the support staff?

Thanks

Hello Jeffrey,

We have unlisted your thread while we are also finding other alternative solutions to your issue.
Rest assured that all your feedback has been duly noted and forwarded to our developers.

Thanks for understanding.

And what about the other users of this theme? Will it be listed again in the near future?

I added additional content for them to see. This was a conflict with no obvious answer and I did find some fixes in the meantime that could help others.

Hey Jeffrey,

Your thread has now been listed.

Cheers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.