Navigation
This is archived content. Visit our new forum.

Tagged: 

• Author

Misho
    Participant

Hi!

With WPML activated, newly created or cloned grids are not showing in the backend.

When I deactivate WPML, they do show.

Then I open the grid which I want to set as different language (in order for it to show up on translated Cornerstone pages), and set the different language.
    But, when I go to that language, it says “You don’t have any grid yet!”.

In Cornerstone, the dropdown under “Select the Grid from the following list” is empty on translated pages.

Can this be resolved somehow?

Or should I clone the grid, translate it, grab the shortcode and put it in the raw element? The Grid is advertised as “Fully compatible with WPML”, so I think this should work. Maybe it has to do with my other issues I have with WPML on this site. https://community.theme.co/forums/topic/wpml-translation-managenent-didnt-work/.

Thank you!

Misho
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Rad

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

Yes, you should duplicate your grid for other languages. Your current grid is only visible to its default language group.

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Misho
    Participant

Hi Thanks!

I would duplicate the grid for other languages as you suggest, but that doesn’t work. Not with WPML active. The duplicates get created, but they don’t show until I deactivate WPML.

So there is definitely a bug. Yet another one with WPML on this site, and few others non-wpml related. I have pulled the site off of Cloudflare, but all the issues still exist.

I see now that if I deactivate only WPML main plugin, and reactivate it again, the cloned grid will remain visible. This is at least something. I will test it to see if it works normally on translated pages.

Rad

Hi there,

I see, could be due to internal cache. Please let us know the result of your testing. I’ll do testing when you’re done 🙂

Thanks!

Misho
    Participant

Hi!

Ok, I have tried a lot of things, but Once I change the language of an individual grid, it becomes unreachable, and its language cannot be reverted to English anymore, because that grid is not visible until WPML gets deactivated, but once I deactivate it, the option itself disappears because it is part of the WPML plugin.

This is especially a problem with the grid that is towards the bottom of the homepage. [the_grid name="Home CTA grid"].

It uses two different skins. A custom skin with text, and three links to pages skin. On translated page, I have placed the second grid [the_grid name="Home CTA grid hr"], which should pull the translated custom skin, but it is empty. It seems to me this is due to this bug with grids, because I need to deactivate WPML in order to fix it, and activating WPML again reverts it back.

Bottom line: grids set as different languages are not seen in the backend unless I deactivate WPML, and if I edit them while WPML is deactivated, they don’t act as they should on the front end, when used on translated pages.

I would need to be able to see all grids, no matter what language they are.

Can we do something about it?
    Thanks!

Rad

Hi there,

Hmm, I think it’s made that way. Grid will only appear on the language they are created with. Maybe I just don’t fully understand it, but would you mind providing a video recording of this issue? I’ll forward it too for second opinions.

Thanks!