Conflict with child theme and "load more" button

Hi there,
I have a problem with my calendar event manager plugin (MEC) and my child theme. I have different pages that display my events. There is a load more button that display next events. But when I click on it, it display events twice.

There is no issue with main pro theme, only with my child theme. I tried to empty my function.php and style.css. No change. Also tried to change my custom header and page layout. no change.

So I don’t know where to look. The event plugin staff don’t know and asked to see with you.

Could you help me please?
Thanks
Michael

Hello @Cormoran42,

Thanks for writing in! Please edit your MEC shortcode and enable the “Show only one occurrence of events” Filter option.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hi
Thanks for your answer! However, it’s not a setting issue. Because I want all occurence to be displayed.

The problem is that some occurences are dupicated when I click that load more button. Here us a video to explain better: https://www.swisstransfer.com/d/eb12ac72-aaa7-4bc2-9f89-38f8cde308cc

thanks

Hi @Cormoran42,

It seems some of the code in the child theme is the reason behind your problem. To investigate it further we need to access the files, can you please provide the FTP/CPanel details in the secure note?

Thanks

ok thanks!

Hi @Cormoran42,

My senior colleague has investigated your child theme and found that the following code in your footer.php file is the reason behind the problem.

<?php x_get_view( 'global', '_footer' ); ?>

I would suggest you remove the code and check if that resolves your problem.

Thanks

great that solved the issue
thanky very much!

Michaël

Hi,
In fact, when I delete that code it resolve the load more problem, but when I want to edit a page or layout, I now have this issue

Thanks for your help

Capture d’écran 2022-10-19 à 10.32.53

Hi Michaël,

Glad that the problem is resolved. I have also checked the pages and it is loading perfectly fine in the page builder, and not showing any problem. If you are still having that issue, I would suggest you check once by clearing all types of cache and check in the incognito/private mode of the browser.

Thanks

I cleared all caches and tested in private mode and still have the issue. Maybe you tested when I put back the code to test.
can you help me please?
Thanks!

Hi Michaël,

I have tested it again and it is loading perfectly fine ay my side.

Thanks

Hi,
That’s strange, because I still have the issue. I tested on 3 differents browsers and cleared caches again.

Do you have an idea?

excuse me I was talking about my prod site.

you can test again the staging site now, I removed the code and the message appears

Don’t worry, I recreated a footer with the footer builder instead and it resolved the issue.

Thanks anyway for your help!

Michaël

Hello Michaël,

It is good to know that you have resolved the issue already. We really appreciate for letting us know. Feel free to create another thread if you have other issues on the site.

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.