Conflict on front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading

Hi there,

After reading the support forum on this topic I was told to submit a ticket as I have tried to resolve the issue by deactivating all other plugins. I have cleared all cached repeatedly as well. I have upgraded to the latest xtheme / cornerstone software.
My site is https://www.buckeyeroadhouse.com

Hello There,

Thanks for creating this new thread. I have logged in and checked your site. It turns out that you have minified JS and CSS styles using W3 Total Cache. I would highly recommend that you minify html and exclude JS and CSS or at least exclude all the X theme JS and CSS files because there were already in minified file. I manually cleared your caches one by one (Page cache, browser cache and regenerate minified files) and after that I was able to edit the page in Cornerstone. Please check out my screenshot here:

And ​we recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

I did some further investigation. I noticed that you are using PHP version 5.3.29 and WordPress 4.7 requires at least 7.0 (https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/). This could possibly be the cause of the issue. In most cases you cannot update your PHP version yourself and need to contact your host about this. The upgrade process is an easy process and should be something your host can do for you without affecting your website or charging you for it. Here’s a letter you can send to your hosting company:

`Dear host,

I’m interested in running the open-source WordPress https://wordpress.org/ web software and
I was wondering if my account supported the following:

  • PHP 7 or greater
  • MySQL 5.6 or greater
  • The mod_rewrite Apache module
  • HTTPS support

Looking forward to your reply.`

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.

Thank you so much for your support and help. I have updated the php file and can now open all the pages EXCEPT the home page. Can you see if you can get the home page to load in cornerstone? It loads the elements but then throws up the same error.

I did NOT have W3 Total Cache installed when the error first started. I actually installed it as an easy means to clear the cache.

I have also asked my hosting company to update the PHP but am wondering if there is something specific to the home page that is causing the error. To test I was able to save the home page as a template block. It saved so the page is ALMOST loading in cornerstone. I then created a new page called homeback and uploaded the template to it. It saved but I cannot open or edit it using cornerstone either so my workaround was a bust.

Can you take a look and let me know if you are getting the same error? Again, I really appreciate the support. I know you guys are swamped.

RESOLVED. Thank you so much for your thoughtful, detailed help. My hosting company upgraded their platform and in conjunction with the increase the memory advice the site is up and running. Thank you again!

Glad to hear we manage to help and thanks for letting us know!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.