Condition for Post-Type "Standard" not working

I’m using a looper to display my blog posts. I have three images at the top, with a condition set. If the post is post-type “audio” then it shows a podcast icon. If the post is post-type “video” then it shows a video icon. What’s not working is the post-type “standard”. I have an icon & condition set, but it’s not displaying. Any ideas for me?

Thank you!

Howdy, @stacyd…thanks for writing in! I looked into this and was finding the same bug in my local install. It appears to be due to a nuance of WordPress’ get_post_format() function, which has a variable return value. The following is a direct quote from their online documentation:

Note also that the default format (i.e., a normal post) returns false, but this is also referred in some places as the ‘standard’ format.

So on the backend we were just checking for a match against “standard” as a string, but that provided method from WordPress core was actually giving back false if the post format was a “Standard” post. I’ve gone in and normalized this code and can confirm it is now working on my installation. This fix should go out with one of the point releases that will go out during this cycle as we patch up other items that we come across. Thanks for letting us know about this and sorry for any inconvenience it has caused you. Keep an eye out for the coming releases and things should be working as you expect after you update!

Thank you!

You are most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.