Component With A Slot - Only Slot Available To Edit

Hi,

Following some of the examples in Max’s WDM, I have been trying to create a Component using the Grid element, which contains three cells:

Cell 1: Headline with parameters
Cell 2: Text with parameters
Cell 3: Slot

The Grid is being exported. I have tried exporting it with and without Prefab selected.

When I use this new Component in a page, only the Slot is active and available to use. The Headline and Text elements have parameters against them (which show correctly in the Cornerstone builder). However, when I use the Component in a page, the Headline and Text do not have parameter options available, just the Slot.

Is this a setting error by me, or is it not possible to create a setup like I am trying to create?

Thanks,
Christopher

Hello Christopher,

To better assist you with your issue, please provide us access to your site so we can check your parameter and element settings. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Ok. Thanks.

Hello @whitemedia,

The elements should be wired and be contained with the parent component. Your Grid element should have the parameters like for example:

{
  "el1"  : {
    "type"    : "group",
    "label"   : "Heading",
    "params"  : {
      "heading" : {
        "label"       : "Heading",
        "type"        : "text",
        "initial"     : "Your Heading",
        "placeholder" : "e.g. Your Heading"
      }
    }
  },
  "el2"  : {
    "type"    : "group",
    "label"   : "Paragraph",
    "params"  : {
      "paragraph" : {
        "label"       : "paragraph",
        "type"        : "text-editor",
        "initial"     : "Enter your text here.",
        "placeholder" : "e.g. Your paragraph text"
      }
    }
  }
}

And then wire it up to the Headline and Text element with {{dc:p:el1.heading}} and {{dc:p:el2.paragraph}} so that when you export the Grid as a Component, both of those elements will be included.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks @ruenel. That worked.

Hey Christopher,

You’re welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.