Component parameter checkboxes - follow-up question

Sorry to initiate a second topic of the same name, but the topic was already closed when I found it today.

I followed the workaround given by @100leiden at Feature Request :Component Parameter checkboxes but I can’t get the target custom attribute to work properly. When hovering over the component button (or clicking on it at the front end), it shows the URL followed by “,_black” or “,_self” – see attached screenshot (ignore “%2C” which is added when there is no “/” at the end of the URL. Somehow it is not there when having an anchor link.)

What I’m missing?

Hey @mircotripoczky,

Thanks for reaching out!

We need to check your JSON data. Would you mind sharing with us your admin credentials? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

As I can see it, the json is like at the workaround and also the custom attribute.

At the URL field at the component builder I used: {{dc:p:url}}.

best regards
Mirco

Hi Mirco,

Yes, that is the correct way to access the parameter value. Thanks for sharing it

Still the link when hovering or clicking the button is: “https://www.example.com/._self” (when entering “https://www.example.com/” at the URL field). So the “_self” is not added to the href html attribute but to the URL itself.

Hey Mirco,

Please make sure that in your button primary link it is set to {{dc:p:url.link}}. I tried it on my development website and it is working right now. Note, I was able to replicate your issue on my development website when I didn’t pass the second parameter in the dynamic content under the primary link button.

Hope that helps.

Thanks @marc_a . That was the detail I missed. I only used “{{dc:p:url}}” instead of “{{dc:p:url.link}}” as the grouping at the json suggests :slight_smile:

Hi Mirco,

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.