Component not rendering correctly when embedded into Tab

Hi there, love the new update but I’m having an issue getting a component to render correctly when ‘exported’ into a TAB element.

Before the update I would create a Global Block, put my elements into place, make a note of the shortcode and then embed that shortcode into the content area of a TAB element on another page. Following the update and having read/tried to understand the new COMPONENTS facility I’ve created the same section as a new component, clicked “manage element”, given the element being managed a title, checked “export component”, checked “enable prefab” and copied the [cs_component id=****] shortcode. Then when i add the shortcode to the TAB content area the content of the component renders but the elements within the component render sequentially and without any formatting, despite clicking the enable prefab option.

Is this a bug due to be fixed or am I missing something in the components tutorial? Alternatively is it possible to bring back Global Blocks as that worked fine and the new components feature seems a bit convoluted and more complicated than needed. If you could guide me through this scenario I’d be most grateful.

Many thanks in advance!

Hey @Jesswarack,

Thanks for reaching out!

There’s currently a bug with the component as a shortcode, the default CSS settings was not carried over. I have already reported this issue to our tracker and it is one of the top priorities. We cannot give an ETA but rest assured that they will fix it issue.

Thank you for understanding.

Is there any update with this issue?

Hi Dini,

Unfortunately, there is no update on this till now.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.