Component Insertion

I’ve got an archive page template where I pull the description into a dynamic text element. I’ve got a situation where I need to insert a button into the copy and figured I’d be able to drop in the component short code. I do, but it doesn’t work at all. Any tips on how, or if this can be accomplished? I can create a new field for this but was hoping not to since this is an isolated incident.

Hello @dabigcheeze,

Thanks for writing in! Using the component shortcode in a Text element should display the component. Do you have any conditions in your component? To better assist you with your issue, please provide us access to the site so we can check your element set up. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Before I provide the secure access, I realized I may have glossed over something in my initial post. The component insert is being placed inside a category description, which is then pulled into a text element. The taxonomy category description accepts html so I figured it would also accept your component short codes.

Hello @dabigcheeze,

Even if a field accepts HTML, it does not mean that it will accept and render a shortcode. It is best that you added the component using the Component element or as a shortcode inside a Text element.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.