Compatibility with different browsers

Hello support team!

I’m having some issues with the compatibility of theme x (PRO) with different browsers. When I check the different browsers, there are some issues. I’ll list them below and hope you can provide me some guidance in solving this issue.

Internet explorer - problem with alignment of the header (and footer):

Samsung phone - problem with the button with 3 dots in the design. They are not supposed to be anywhere in the design:

Iphone 6 - Problem with alignment of the hover menu’s (it goes off screen) and the hamburger menu animation is not working:

When I test the site in the backend, everything looks fine. But when testing it live on the devices it doesn’t work like it is supposed to. Also, some devices don’t seem to have the problem(s) and others do. I really can’t tell what it causing the problems since it is so different for these different devices and browsers.

I really hope you can give me some guidance so I can solve this and my client can finally go live with their website. I’ll provide credentials for logging on to the backend in a secure note.

Thanks in advance!

Howdy, @annevdheijden!

Thanks for writing in. Allow me to address your points individually below:

  1. I cannot replicate any alignment issues similar to what you’re showing in this screenshot for Internet Explorer. I viewed your website in Internet Explorer 11, and everything is appearing as it should. Please note that we only support Internet Explorer 11 due to flexbox layout support.
  2. Is this circle with the 3 dots part of your web design anywhere? Can you provide steps on how to find this element on the page or get it to show? I cannot find it anywhere when viewing the website, so I can’t give further feedback on this at this time.
  3. The dropdown is going off the screen because it is too wide. You will need to reduce the width of your dropdown to ensure that it fits on all screen sizes appropriately.

Cheers!

Hi @kory!

Thank you for your quick reply. I’ll get back to the points:

  1. I understand this point. I’ll let my client know.
  2. No, I’ve been checking the site and I cannot find this item anywhere. I really don’t know why it is showing up here…
  3. Thank you for the information. I’ve changed it and will aks my client to test it. Can you please inform me why the animation of the burger menu is not showing on Iphone?

Further more: I’ve some questions about the update. I was told these two issues would be resolved in this update, but I cannot seem to find them:

  • It’s not possible to assign a header to a product-category page
  • The cart icon doens’t get ‘filled’ or at least show count after inserting something in the cart

Can you please inform me about these points and where I can find the solution for this?

@annevdheijden,

  1. Fantastic! :slight_smile:
  2. It almost appears to be related to the Samsung UI somehow. Especially if it’s only showing up on that phone. Do you recall adding a toggle like this at some point? Nothing like that would be output unless it was added at some time, so you could try auditing your content to make sure you don’t have a forgotten element that’s outputting somehow. But the fact that it’s only on the Samsung leads me to believe it’s somehow related to the phone…what happens when you click it?
  3. The cart icon is not changing because you don’t appear to have assigned any sort of “interaction” colors, animations, et cetera. You will need to consult the Toggle control grouping of your cart to adjust all of this to fit your needs.

As for your other points:

  1. We have an item setup in our development issue tracker regarding new header assignments (i.e. such as a taxonomy page), but this is not something that is currently possible. It was slated for a future release and was not able to be worked into this latest round, but we have plans to hopefully get to it soon.
  2. The cart icon is just an icon, so it won’t get filled with any sort of cart data. This is something else that isn’t currently possible, but we have some plans for a coming release.

Cheers!

@kory!

Thanks again for your quick reply!

  1. I don’t recall adding a toggle like this anywhere, since it is a whole other style than the one we use in the site. It should be visible somewhere in the header editor if I added it at some point and forgot to delete it, right? I don’t know what happens when you click it, it is not my phone. I’ll try to figure that out. A side note: this is not on every Samsung, I have tested it on verious Samsungs and it seemed fine in other phones.

  2. I don’t mean t he cart icon. I mean the hamburger menu on the mobile phone. It is working as it should on Samsung, but on the Iphone (6 in this case) the animation of the hamburger menu is not working. What could cause this issue?

Thank you for the information on the other points. That is very disappointing, since I’ve been waiting a long time on these fixes and was told it would be fixed in this update… I’ve seen requests for these features on the forum a lot. Is there any ETA? I will have to disappoint my client once again, would be better to tell him with an ETA then just tell him it can’t be done…

@annevdheijden,

  1. Yes, if you added it at some point it would be represented within the Header Builder.
  2. We will have to take a deeper look into why the hamburger is not animating on the iPhone. This will likely be something that needs to be resolved in our planned larger usability/improvements/bugfix release slated to come out down the road, where we’re planning on fine-tuning all of these odds and ends.

I apologize if someone misspoke and said a particular feature would be in this release, but we often refrain from giving specific timetables on updates of any sort. The development process is very fluid in how things get worked on, as we do our best to prioritize things but then also respond to issues as they come in based on severity and how it fits into our planned timeline.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi Kory!

Thanks for the information. This is a bummer… Will explain to my client and hope he’s as understandig as I am :wink:

Hope to hear back from you what you found out about point 2. This is a real big issue to my client!

You’re welcome. Please stay tuned for updates and when updates come out, bug fixes are listed in our Changelog so you could quickly see if button animation iPhone issue has been fixed.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.