Comments disappeared

Hi there - I’ve been using X for the past three years and I love it!

Comments are a very meaningful part of my site, and I’ve been getting many comments per day. About 10 days ago, the comments suddenly disappeared from the site. I can still see them in my Wordpress admin console, but they’re not showing up on the site itself. I updated both Wordpress and X and cleaned my cache, but to no avail.

This is the second time this happened. Last time (about a year ago) you helped me resolve the issue (and I remember the solution was pretty simple and straightforward), but unfortunately I haven’t been able to find that old thread so I’m turning to the support team again. Please help!

See for example this page, which has 614 comments posted to it, none of which is showing at the moment:
http://themodernbelly.com/pregnancy/2016/03/high-beta-hcg-levels-twins/

Hey there,

There Might Be several reasons causing this issue so I will list them here and asked you to follow up each step to find out what is the cause:

  • Increase the PHP memory limit, as I see you have lots of comments and that might be the cause of the problem. For more information:
  • Check for the third party plugins conflicts. Deactivate each plugin one by one and check the front end of the website to see if the comments are showing.

  • Change the theme of the website from your child theme to the parent theme and see if it fixes the problem.

  • Check the tutorials below to make sure you allow comments in default WordPress way:

If you still experiencing problems kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your website using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up.

Thank you.