Comment box showing up on new post but not old posts

Hi. The comment box is showing up whenever I make new posts. However, on the past posts the comment option isnt available. All the comment settings under settings > discussion look like they are set up like they should be. For instance, “automatically close comments on posts older than x days” isnt checked.

Any thoughts on how I can make sure comment boxes show up on all posts and not just my new posts?

Hello Ethan,

Thanks for writing in! Please edit your older post and make sure that comments are also allowed.
Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 10.53.32 AM

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi Ethan,

Thanks for providing your credentials.

Please disable the Classic Editor plugin to see the Discussion option in your posts pages. I already tried disabling it and it is working fine.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Thanks Mark. Looks like I can enable comments now. might just enable comments for all posts without that plugin and then enable it again when im done. Thanks

Hi Ethan,

You’re welcome and it’s our pleasure to help you. If you have any other concerns, feel free to reach us.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.