Columns in Columns

It doesn’t look like you can place a [column] short code with another one, so I’m having trouble placing a photo and text in the correct order. It’s supposed to look like this:

But, I can’t seem to get there. This is where I’m currently at:

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! To properly use [column] shortcode, it must be wrap with a container to avoid any conflict with its parent container.

[container] [column type="1/2"] Place your content in here. [/column] [column type="1/2" last="true"] Place your content in here. [/column] [/container] 

To know more about this shortcodes, you can check this out:
http://demo.theme.co/integrity-1/shortcodes/columns/
http://demo.theme.co/integrity-1/shortcodes/container/

So, I’m trying to do something like this:

[container]
 [column type=“1/2”]
  [column type=“1/2”]
   Place your content in here.
  [/column]
  [column type=“1/2”]
   Place your content in here.
  [/column]
 [/column]
 [column type=“1/2” last=“true”]
  Place your content in here.
 [/column]
[/container]

Hey There,

Regretfully, we do not recommend that you use a nested column shortcodes in plain WP editor because the WordPress editor will automatically convert new lines and line breaks into <br> and <p> tags which will destroy the column shortcodes. It will just result to a countless layout issues. It would be frustrating to use and time consuming communicating back and forth to resolve such issues.

I would suggest that you simply use Visual Composer or Cornerstone for your post or page layout. With Visual Composer, you can easily nest content bands, rows and columns. With Cornerstone, you can check out this tutorial on how to nest the layouts.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.