Column Background Image

Hello.

I’ve been looking at the old forum and the new, and I can’t find the help I’m looking for.

I have a section created that has 3 columns.
In those three columns, I have two image elements - one above the other.
I would like to add text above all six images, and I’d like to make each one link to different page on the site.
Does this make sense so far?

So, it doesn’t matter if it’s a text element or an image element, but what I need is for there to be six clickable images in my 3 columns with text on top of each one. And, I need to do this without changing the background image in my section.

The layout should look something like this:
..
|…|
|…[ Text ]…[ Text ]…[ Text ]…|
|…|
|…[ Text ]…[ Text ]…[ Text ]…|
|…|
|
|

I can’t just put a background image in the column customizer, because I need two images in each column… So what’s the best way for me to do what I’m trying to do?

EDIT: Right now, I have two rows with 3 columns each. And, I have an image with a link attached. Almost exactly what I want… Now I just need to be able to add text over the image instead of using a custom header above the images… how do I achieve this?

Hello There,

Thank you for writing in! You can certain have a text element or headline element over the image element. To do this, please do the following:
1.) Set up your section, rows and columns.
2.) In each columns, please insert your image element.
3.) In each column, insert the classic text or custom headline element that you want to display. Please just ignore first that the text displays below the image.
4.) To make the classic text or custom headline element display on top of your images, please find the “Style” field in your classic text or custom headline element and insert this inline css:

position: absolute; top: 30%; z-index: 10; padding: 15px;

And you will have this final output display:

In my example, I uploaded images with different dimensions and this is why in my screenshot, the images were not aligned. In your case, always make sure that your images has the same dimensions so that it will look great.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.