Colour Overlay Code not working properly

Hello

I followed your steps from this thread to add colour overlay:

On my page it does not work for some reason, it is this page I am talking about:
https://tatyanakozh.staging.wpengine.com/x/#/content/1131/layout

When I add colour overlay - it adds it to entire page rather than the top section.

How can I make sure that the colour overlay is only in the top section?

You say I need to clear caches, could you please break down the steps for me as I am not very advanced.

Thank you!

Hi there,

Thank you for writing around and providing the credentials. I went ahead and added the following code in your Child Theme’s style.css file via Dashboard > Appearance > Editor

#overlay-section {
    position: relative;
}

#overlay-section:before  {
  content: "";
  display: block;
  position: absolute;
  top: 0;
  left: 0;
  width: 100%;
  height: 100%;
  background-color: rgba(52, 127, 179, 0.75); 
}

First clear your browser’s cache, to do this please follow https://kb.iu.edu/d/ahic and check your page https://tatyanakozh.staging.wpengine.com/bespoke-made-to-measure-suits/

Cheers!

I found another way of implementing it on that page, but I am struggling with a solution for this page:

How can I add a colour overlay to the column with Business Suits for example?

Could you please be very specific, I may be missing some steps - as I just don’t seem to be getting the results.

hello, could you please help?

Hi there,

You only need to give that section an ID overlay-section where you want to show the overlay…

Hope this helps!

It DOES NOT work…please can you ask one of your colleagues to have a look…

Hi there,

It didn’t work because you did not add the overlay-section ID to the section where you want the overlay to be added in.

I have gone ahead and did it. You should be able to see the overlay.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.