Code for side bar

Hi Can you please help me.

I’m trying to custom the sidebar … with Css but very new to this code thing … These are the things that haven’t worked tried to use 'em’and ‘percentages’ so sidebar stayed relative to site rather than absolute.

1. / put css in Launch>Theme Options>Layout and design> css /

.sidebar_front {
color: white;
background-color: #2f7941;
height: auto;
width: 68%;
padding: 10%;
margin: 20%;
border: 2%
border-style: solid;
border-color: #1a376e;
line-height: normal;
font-weight:normal;
font-size: 0.8em;
font-family: inherit, Arial;
}
.sidebar_strong {
color: white;
background-color: #2f7941;
font-size: 1em;
font-weight:bold;
}

/ In appearances>widgets> “front page Sidebar”> under the widget “Custom HTML: service” /

School Readiness Early Intervention - 0-6 years old developmental and school based skills Skill Development
  • Feeding
  • Sleeping
  • Self Care and Dressing Skills
  • Managing routines
  • Transitioning - E.g. moving from play at home to shops
  • Resilience to cope with school and home community life
Feeding Management Equipment Prescription Learning Skills Development
  • Handwriting skills
  • Story writing skills
  • Play Development skills (important - strong foundation for learning skills)
Strategies to Support Learning in the Classroom Managing Anxiety affecting your child's ability to cope with school life and/ or try new activities Provide Parents with Behavioural Support NDIS Planning and Support Sensory Processing Issues Self Regulation Issues - E.g. Tantrums; Child's ability to cope with being overwhelmed; Out bursts that come from nowhere.

/2. Put in In appearances>widgets> “front page Sidebar”> under the widget “Custom HTML: service” /

School Readiness Early Intervention - 0-6 years old developmental and school based skills Skill Development
  • Feeding
  • Sleeping
  • Self Care and Dressing Skills
  • Managing routines
  • Transitioning - E.g. moving from play at home to shops
  • Resilience to cope with school and home community life
Feeding Management Equipment Prescription Learning Skills Development
  • Handwriting skills
  • Story writing skills
  • Play Development skills (important - strong foundation for learning skills)
Strategies to Support Learning in the Classroom Managing Anxiety affecting your child's ability to cope with school life and/ or try new activities Provide Parents with Behavioural Support NDIS Planning and Support Sensory Processing Issues Self Regulation Issues - E.g. Tantrums; Child's ability to cope with being overwhelmed; Out bursts that come from nowhere.

/ I didn’t copy “style” into strong tag because it didn’t work anyway/

/3. tag above html in Custom HTML widget for both and … but also didn’t worked changed the root css/

So I don’t know am I doing something silly? that is not making it work?

Thanks Fiona

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

Unfortunately, it’s a bit confusing and I can’t determine the issue you’re getting. Would you mind providing some screenshots? Like what issue you’re getting and what you should see.

And please provide your site’s URL that has this sidebar.

Thanks!

yeah it changed to rich text,

sorry if TIny just link together I didn’t add to all strong tags just to first but get the picture…




secondly …I put all the css in a style tag at the beginning of the code in the ‘Custom HTML’ widget… and it changed the global css like above.

And thirdly
I added css to gobal css in customiser


To the customiser

css global


got this …


It could be the code first time to write any css … but it seems to either fundamentally stuff up the style sheets or do very little ( not specific enough - to override style sheet cascade…

Any ideas?
Ta F

Hi there,

Thanks for providing the details. I’m still trying to understand it but I’m a bit confused of which issue. Maybe the right question is, how it should look or be displayed? Would you mind providing more details of your target design or outcome?

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

I’ve given up and put this detail in the footer, you can close this topic. Thanks
F

Okay. Have a nice day! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.