Cloning a page does not show all Cornerstone pages

Might be related to Clone Page only offers pages in draft as choices, but although my ‘Clone Existing’ option when creating a new page does show a mix of draft and published pages, some of the pages don’t show up. What is the criteria for this?

If it helps, I’ve noticed that when opening Cornerstone and browsing down the list of ‘All Documents’, the page I want to clone isn’t in the list (so I guess it isn’t really ‘all’), but if I use the search function, I can find the page. So there might be a bug in the search function when using the ‘clone existing’ function.

Hi @devilman,

Thanks for reaching out.
I have checked it in local environment but didn’t find the problem you described here. Can you please provide any videos that help us recognize and replicate the problem.

Thanks

I’ve added a link to a video in the secure note on this thread. In the note, I’ve also explained the issue that I’m seeing.

Hello @devilman,

Thanks for the video. I have tried to replicate the issue on our local testing server. Both the published and draft pages are displayed on our test. How many pages do you have? To better assist you with your issue, please provide us your WP Access so we can check your site. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

I’ve updated the secure note with some login credentials now. I’ve logged in with those and I see the same problem.

We have 160 pages in total (ignoring posts) and maybe that’s why you’re not seeing the issue locally.

Hello @devilman,

We will investigate this issue further. We will inform our developers and have them look at the issue. As an alternative to duplicating the page, you can save the page as a template and then use the template in your new page.

Best Regards.

Thanks. I look forward to hearing more in due course. I’ve used the template option before as I’ve been experiencing this bug for a few months now, but at least with the page showing up in the Cornerstone page search, I can clone it from there, just not on the ‘clone existing’ function. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.