Client question on interactive content and SEO value

I have content offscreen that is loaded by a ‘button press’ and the client asked me this: Is that interactive information considered as part of the page content? I’m just wondering how this type of presentation would impact SEO. I know it is a better user experience, but would it reduce word count in Google’s eyes if content is displayed like Mt. Tam Dog rather than on a flat page?

I think they are curious in general: how do flip cards register as content or any offscreen or modal window content with Google when you are concerned with word counts? They do a lot of adwords so they are concerned about this. Thank you. Best. Georgia

Hello @GeorgiaG,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Elements like Flip Card and the content in it will get counted in the word count. Here is a screenshot to the page source that has Flip Card in it. https://cl.ly/0h3s3e2R0p1q

I am sharing a video by Matt Cutts, which you can take a look.

Although the videos are quite dated, but it will help you to put things into perspective.

Thanks.

Thank you very much @Prasant! I will pass this along.

You are most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.