Clean install Pro license

Hello,
I want to migrate to a different host. But I would like to ask if its possible to install themeco PRO and activate my license until the website its ready to go live/online?

Hello @juliana, i’m not from themeco support, but i can help you with this.

In your account settings you can optionally specify a staging server.
The question is, do you also need to transfer the domain?
If yes, you have to work with a temporary domain at the new host first. When the move is complete, you can delete the old registered domain and set the staging server domain as the new main domain.

hope i could help

@Regnalf

Hi @Regnalf thanks your help! I guess this is what I need

When I click on the “Add Staging” Button appears a field to place a URL to point to the staging url address (I assume). Can I place my temporary generic domain here OR it must be a subdomain of domain validated with license? I need to troubleshoot a issue that is bugging the theme and I would prefer not involve cloudflare on this staging setup.

From the technical side you can enter any domain, the license will be checked only on the basis of these entries.

Either way, you have to make the settings in WordPress on the new host with the temporary domain. If you also need to change the entries in the database, I can recommend this tool:

If you really want to debug, I would rather recommend to save the page locally and search for the error with a Docker installation.

Hello @Juliana,

Thanks for reaching out. I have checked your license code and it is assigned to the live and staging site URLs already. You should now be able to validate the Pro theme in your staging site.

Please see the secure note.

@Regnalf:

• Thanks for chiming in! We really appreciate it.

Best Regards.

@ruenel
I dont see your secure note.

Well I thought that the license would be validated for staging purposes. Still " Your license of Pro is not validated"

Hi Jualiana,

Sorry for the confusion. I accidentally removed the image in the secure note.

See it now.

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

I still cant validate the Pro theme in my staging site

Hi @juliana,

I have logged in and I went ahead to validate your issue. I simply made sure that the Site URL in Settings > General is the same as what you have assigned to the license code. The validation is successful.

Please check your staging site now.

wasn’t the same?! thats strange.
Thank you for checking out

You are most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.