Classic Slider not showing util all its images load leaving a void space

Hi guys,
We need some help with an intermittent issue. I believe it happens when the slider is created from an existing one as a duplicate, however, I am not certain of it.

Classic Slider is not showing util all its images load leaving a void space or at least that is my best guess. Endpoint is, it takes much time than ideal to show the content and the element does not serve its purpouse

You can take a look at an example in this page in progress we’re building http://bruster.com.uy/stage/
The slider in question is the one of a book with blue background on the left clumn, the text below it states:
“ROU: 13 Cocineros y 13 productos del Uruguay
Diseño de libro
Ediciones B
Uruguay”

Could you please advice?
Let me know if there is any more info or access you might need.

Thanks!!

Regards,
Andrés (Gonet)

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in!

I have checked your page and I can see all the images. Here is what I am seeing:

Hope this helps.

Hi RueNel,
It seems that either I didn’t explain it right or you missed the point. And I quote:

“Classic Slider is not showing util all its images load (note: meaning it takes abnormally a lot of time to load considering the images it contains, I mean There is a Rev Slider in the page that shows before this one.) leaving a void space or at least that is my best guess. Endpoint is, it takes much time than ideal to show the content and the element does not serve its purpose.”

It takes more time than it should and on top of that there is no option that I could find to show at least a place holder. This combination make the site look broken… until the slider finally loads and it moves puches down below it when you already scrolled down.

Could you take a look and find out why this delay in loading the images and finally render? Somehow it takes a lot of time to do it. It’s not normal, images are very very small. Images do show at some point but that is not the problem the problem is the great delay that exists. As I mentioned in my opening post it’s intermittent which means it happens in some sliders…the one that is flawed is the one example I left there for you to check.

Thanks,
Andrés

Hello There,

Thank you for the clarifications. Loading the images will always have a delay. The loading time will depend on how big is your image file. The bigger image file, the longer it takes to load it on the page. And this leaves an empty space on the page before loading the images. You cannot prevent this delay because it is relative to the server response time and how fast is the server and your connection matters in loading the image file. There is no option available in the classic slider wherein a placeholder will be place while the image is loading. You may however rely on 3rd party plugins to resolve your issue. Please install Lazy Load plugin. To know more about Lazy Load, please check this out:

You may choose any of the plugin to install from this list:

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.