Classic Revolution Slide causes CSS issues

Hi
Wordpress version 4.9.2
Cornerstone version: 2.1.7
Suspected Plugin: Slider Revolution (using version 5.4.6.3.1)

Issue: Anytime I add the “Classic Revolution Slider” element to a page, the editing page layout is no longer useable since it does not reflect what is actually being displayed. Text and Headline elements are displayed extremely large, background colors are not shown and any previously entered CSS code is deleted. While editing everything seems fine, but as soon as I exit the page and re-open it, the above mentioned issues occur.

Since the version of Revolution Slider we are using appears to be a bundled product with the X-Theme, I cannot manually update the Slider Revolution to the most current version (5.4.6.4) and am not sure if the issue would be resolved with the update.

NOTE: I have just purchased a new license today since the previous web admin did not update the license. These are the steps I took:

1. Purchased product on Envato
  2. Created new account on Apex
  3. Linked URL to purchase code
  4. Retested above mentioned issue to see if it was resolved (no, it is not)
  5. Opened this support ticket

Question: do I need to change the license code anywhere on my clients site?

Kind regards
David

Hey David,

Updates might not always resolve issues. You should use the bundled version. That is also important when we troubleshoot so we could see if there is a bug with what is currently included in X. So with that said, please backup your sliders and uninstall Slider Revolution, then install again via WP Admin Menu > X > Overview.

Then, follow the possible solutions for common problems here.

Once all that is done and the issue persists, please give us access to your WordPress admin and FTP in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

Hi

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately the issue was not resolved. I am still seeing the same issue on the back-end. I followed your steps (backed up slides, deleted plugin and reinstalled and activated it using x>overview). Interestingly after reactivation, all the slides where there again without having to import them.

I will send you login details as a secure note and would appreciate it you could have a look.

Kind regards
David

Hey David,

The given credentials were incorrect. Please check.

Thanks.

Hi
I’ve generated a new password, I will attach it as a secure note

I enabled Put JS in body in Problem Handlings and it solved the issue.

Hope that helps.

Hi
Yes, it is looking better now. However, I still have an issue with CSS not being saved.

for the homepage (http://www.supair-drive.com/) I would like to add the following CSS code

a, a:hover
{
color:#ffffff;
}

I can see the effects in background, but even if I preview the page the effects are gone. If I exit to the dashboard and the re-open the page, the CSS code is gone.

I would appreciate your support on this issue yet.

Kind regards
David

Hi There,

I have managed to insert the CSS for you.

Hope it helps

thank you, but I would like to know what you did different from what I did so that I can do it myself next time.

Hi there,

It’s added to cornerstone/builder’s custom CSS section, you should wait for the successful message before navigating away. Else, it will not save.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.