Classic Recent Posts only showing photo - no title

Hi there, I’m using X Version: 5.2.5 with a Child theme and trying to add Classic Recent Posts to this page:

However, it only shows the featured image, no post title or excerpt. I can live without the excerpt (I saw several support questions on that and tried the code and it didn’t work on my site). But I would at least like to show the post title - the FULL title wrapping if needed.

Please tell me how to do that. Using latest version of WP too.

Thanks!
Dawn

Hi There,

Make sure you are fully updated.

Try setting the Parent theme as active instead of your child theme.

Try removing and re-adding the recent posts element.

Let us know how it goes, if that does not work please provide your login credentials so we can take a closer look.

Thanks

That did not fix it. I changed to parent theme, everything is updated and I added the Recent Posts tool via short code and also tried just adding the classic tool to the page. It still just shows the image only.

I will send my credentials privately.

Thanks,
Dawn

Hi There,

You have the following custom CSS rule which hides your recent post title and other information.

.x-recent-posts .x-recent-posts-content {
   display:none;
}

Try removing it and make sure to clear your cache before testing.

Thanks!

Worked like a charm. I was told that css only remove dates on portfolio in posts but it obviously did much more. Thank you very much!
Dawn

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.