Classic Promo and gaps element broken after update

Hi, I just updated to the newest version of X Theme and Cornerstone - we where on a pretty old version I think, and now all the “Classic Promo” elements look weird. I had to redesign the entire “Who” page because it was showing shortcodes on the site instead of the Promo - and now I had to go through all sorts of hoops with setting margins and spacing just to make sure the two rows didn’t overlap (gap element is not working neither).

What can I do to get the classic promo to look like it did before ?

Front page with 3 Classic Promos (with buttons),
new version here: http://www.bb3.dk
old version (restored to staging) here: http://bb3.ip-it.dk

Click on “Hvem” on each site to see the Who pages that has Classic promo with buttons in two rows (couldn’t paste more than two links apparently).

Any help is highly appreciated!

Best regards
Ian

PS. I can’t edit the shortcodes anymore neither - there’s a big “edit with cornerstone” overlay now that blocks it.

Hello @imfpa,

Thanks for writing in! With the latest version, you are not allowed to use the WP Editor (Gutenberg). You will have to edit the page in Cornerstone especially if you have built the pages in Cornerstone. And please go to Cornerstone > Settings > System and hit the “Clear Style Cache” button.

If nothing is helping, kindly provide us access to your live and staging site so that we can check it. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi Ruenel,

Thanks for your reply. I don’t care that the “Gutenberg” editor is disabled - that was just a side note, if things are working in Cornerstone I’m happy with that - but it isn’t apparently.

My issue is that the elements “Classic Promo” And Gap’s aren’t working as they where before - if you look at the links I provided you’ll see the big difference. I’ll be happy to provide you with access if needed, but please take a look first and see if you can see the issue.

Best regards
Ian

Hi again! I missed the part with clearing style cache - just tried, and it seams to have worked somewhat - the Promos look more like they did before, but the buttons that I had previously added with Shortcodes now appear outside of the promo - how do I get them back inside the Promo when I can’t edit the shortcodes?

Hello @imfpa,

The buttons were no longer using a shortcode. You may have edit it. You can simply login to your old site and copy the contents of the Classic Promo elements. If you are still having trouble after copying, please provide us access to both the live site and the old site.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.