Classic date control in custom element not working

Hi,

After updating Cornerstone to the latest version the custom date control has stopped working (no calendar is showing, only field label is visible) and is showing a <!-- Undefined Control --> message.

Screenshot attached. Can you please advise?

Thanks,
Mihai

Hi there,

Would you please give us more detailed information? Which Date control are you talking about? Give us as much information as you can with URL/User/Pass of your website (Use Secure Note for the login information) so that we can understand the issue and test the case.

At the moment the only thing I can suggest is the general troubleshooting steps:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.

Thank you.

Hi,

I’m talking about the Date control used in a Classic Custom Element. I’m using the Date field as detailed here in your KB and it is not working - calendar/datepicker not showing.

Did this clear things a bit? Everything is up to date and caching is not an issue. Tested on a staging server with the same results - datepicker broken after updating to the latest version of Cornerstone.

Hi There,

When updating Cornerstone, did you update X theme also?

Try disabling your 3rd party plugins and check whether you’re experiencing a plugin conflict.

For further assistance, we will require your login credentials to check the issue. You can submit your credentials using the secure note option below your post.

Thanks!

Just set this up on a brand new test site and the issue persists. Login details in secure note below, please see the sample page.

Try downgrading Cornerstone 1-2 releases and it should start working.

Code (snippet) used in the element controls is this:

'date' => array(
	'type'    => 'date',
    'ui' => array(
		'title'   => __( 'Date', 'custom-elements' ),
	),
	'options' => array(
	    'choose_format' => false
	),
),

Hi there,

I checked and it’s implemented correctly, but there are two javascript errors (maybe it’s not related) and I like to directly test it. Would you mind providing your FTP credentials as well? And please allow me to download a copy of your custom plugin so I can test it on multiple installations.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for checking this out. The JS error relating to wp-lists is still there even with our plugin disabled.

Unfortunately I can’t provide FTP details, but please find a link to the plugin files in the secure note below.

Mihai

Hi there,

I can confirm that the date type isn’t working in the new cornerstone. I’ll add this to issue tracker. For now, you may use the older version, and I’ll continue the testing. Maybe I can find some workaround.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for the confirmation. Any link to older Cornerstone releases? I’d like to test what the most recent working version is.

Thanks,
Mihai

Hi Mihai,

Sorry we are not allowed to provide download links to older versions.

However you can request your hosting provider to rollback to a date with an older version of cornerstone.

Thanks

Hi,

Why would I rollback my entire site and lose content just to get back a plugin? Can you please make an exception and provide a link? I’m not asking for kicks, trying to find a workaround here.

Thanks,
Mihai

Hi there,

Since the mismatched of the versions, some content may not work since it’s already done. And missing elements could occur like before. The best workaround is restoring the site including its working data and configuration.

Plus, any update and development should be done in staging since the newer version always contains new features OR with deprecated functionalities before moving it live.

I may able to get an older copy from my files, but what was the version? It’s because it’s already upgraded when we checked it prior to the issue with date control.

Thanks!

Hi,

I’ve changed this date field to a text type. We lose some backend functionality - no calendar, but get the proper results on the frontend. Can you please update me when this is fixed?

Thanks,
Mihai

Hi Mihai,

You may keep track of the updates in our changelog here: https://theme.co/changelog/

Whenever an issue is fixed it will be indicated on the changelog page with the details.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.