'Classic' Body Text Showing Different Colour to What it Should Be

Hi, I’m working on a website and I got most of it done before updating to the recent Cornerstone update, which I have found most of the ‘Classic’ features have glitches/conflicts with the new system. The latest being the body text colour. It’s showing in purple on the ‘Classic text’ elements, and it should be RGB 36 36 36 - which is what I have set it in the ‘Typography’ area of the Customise settings. Unless this isn’t a glitch and it’s due to something else, but I can’t figure out what else is causing it!

I’ll attach a secure note, as the maintenance page is on the site and I’ll give you the password to view it.

I’ve included a screen grab for your reference.

Thanks!

Hi There,

Please add the following CSS to Theme Options CSS

.myclassspace p {

    color: black;
}

Hope it helps!

Hi, that’s worked thanks! But I also had to apply the ‘color: black’ to all other ‘p’ classes too, as other text that should have been black was in purple. Do you know if this will be sorted when there’s another update for Cornerstone?

Thanks!

Hi,

Upon checking, I can see you have this code in Custom CSS which overrides the settings in typography.

p {
    line-height: 175%;
    color: #242424;
}

See screenshot

You need to remove the color in that code and remove the color in this code also.

.myclassspace p {
    margin-bottom: 1.3em !important;
    color: #242424;
}

That way the ptags will follow the color that you have set under typography.

Thanks

Hi, I removed both pieces of code as suggested and it changed the text back to purple. It’s to do with the ‘Classic Text’ that’s used - seems like a glitch from the latest update. The code beginning .myclassspace p { was given to me by @Joao (please see post above) and I just changed the colour from ‘black’ to the one I wanted and added in the margin.

I’m getting really confused now as to what code I should or shouldn’t be using!

Hi there,

There seems to be a font tag that is wrapping the sections which is messing with the colors of the text. Have you added some customization in the child theme that might have caused this? Please also check the contents of the page and make sure you do not have any font tag used because that tag is long deprecated.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.