Howdy, @mad_the_bad! Thanks for writing in and sorry about the issue you’re running into. I think there’s a few things going on here that might be contributing to this problem, so I’m going to give you a couple solutions to explore on this.
First, I do notice the slight “stutter” you’re referencing that seems to occur towards the last 10% of each Accordion Item. So to begin looking into this I went and tested a stock Classic Accordion on my local install, and everything appears to be functioning normally. I placed a few Accordion Items into my design with a decent amount of content that roughly matches how long your Accordion Items are, and I am not perceiving any similar issues locally.
So that leads me to the next possible issue happening here, which could be related to the customizations you seem to have applied to the Element itself. This should be perfectly fine, but it should be noted that sometimes altering the wrong bit of markup could potentially lead to a conflict in the script that calculates the
height animation on the Accordion Items. As I began looking into this, I noticed that you have applied a
margin-bottom to each
.x-accordion-inner item in the markup:
Coincidentally, this also seems to be about the same length of the “stutter” that I’m noticing on your page. So my first recommendation to you would be to try moving this
margin-bottom value from the
.x-accordion-inner element to the
.x-accordion-group element instead, as that is where we have some default
margin used to space these items out. It could be that your placement of
margin on that element is what’s causing this jump, so I’m just trying to get your customizations to match our default styling as much as possible.
If that does not work, I would next recommend that you potentially look into upgrading your content here to the v2 Accordion for several reasons:
- The styling you are achieving through custom CSS should be completely doable natively within the tool using the v2 Accordion, eliminating the need for custom CSS.
- The Classic Accordion runs on a legacy script for animating the transitions which is based off a very old version of Bootstrap as that is what we started using a long time ago on these Elements. However, our more recent Elements are all developed custom by us and feature more streamlined, efficient, and modern scripting to keep things as low-overhead as possible. It could be that the old script just has some finicky issues that are being exasperated by certain customizations. As the default stock Element works fine for me locally, this does seem to point towards a customization conflict, which we can’t really support as it moves beyond the stock usage of the Element, which is again why I would recommend going to the v2 Accordion as all this can be done natively.
Hopefully that helps to point you in the right direction and give you some options to explore…cheers!