Clarification on licensing with WP Multi-site

Hello,
I have a prospective client who needs a network of sites for their organization, each with a unique domain name, all managed under a single install of WP Multisite. I am planning to use MU domain mapping plugin (or similar), to achieve that.

Do I need a license for each site (5-6) or will a single license work?

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! You will need a license for each domain, if you setup sub domains.
For example:
site1.example.com
site2.example.com

However if you setup sub directories within your root domain, you can use the root domain license for sub directories as well.
For example:
example.com is the root domain which you have assign the license.
example.com/site1
example.com/site2

Hope that’s clear.
Thanks!

Thanks for the response. Yes, that clears it up - I appreciate it. :grinning:

You are welcome and have a great weekend!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.