Church Demo Content install failed

Hello,

I have purchased a (another) X theme and installed it on my site.

I wanted to use the Church Demo as the basis for the site, but receive an error whenever I attempt to install the content.
I receive the error “Sorry, the demo failed to finish importing”. (See Screen grab.)

Please advise how I can correct this. I have been using X themes for some time and this is the first time I have received the error.

Best Regards,

Adrian.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Can you please try adding the following code into your child theme’s functions.php file and then try re-generating your demo content again.

//adjustments to wp-includes/http.php timeout values to workaround slow server responses
add_filter('http_request_args', 'bal_http_request_args', 100, 1);
function bal_http_request_args($r) //called on line 237
{
	$r['timeout'] = 15;
	return $r;
}
 
add_action('http_api_curl', 'bal_http_api_curl', 100, 1);
function bal_http_api_curl($handle) //called on line 1315
{
	curl_setopt( $handle, CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT, 15 );
	curl_setopt( $handle, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 15 );
}

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Thank you. I added the code and now get a different error!

Hi There,

Your above screenshot showing the same error. Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

  • Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

Thanks!

It looks like it replaced the other image. In any case, it is not working.

Will send a secure note as you say.

Hi There,

I have disabled your caching plugins, re-generated your permalink settings and then I was able to generate your demo content.

Usually we do not recommend activating A2 Optimize plugin as it will cause incompatibility issues.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi, I’m having the same issue. No plugins installed except the Cornerstone used by Theme X. I am trying to install the Church theme and it fails every time.

Can i ask for you to look at it and send a secure note or do i need to open a new thread?
Thanks

Fantastic - thank you.
I’ll check my other sites using X or Pro. I don’t think I have A2 optimize on, but it is good to know that this may cause errors such as this.
Thanks!
Adrian.

@Adrian_King … Glad we were able to help :slight_smile:

@MikeRiess … Please open up a new thread/ticket, and once you submit your thread you can use the secure note option below your post to provide your login credentials.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.