Chunks of the home page front end are missing again and now a page is blank--but not in Cornerstone

Hello,

I opened a ticket a few days ago for missing content in several home page sections (CornerStone).

And now that problem is back and an entire p[age is blank.

In BOTH of these cases I can see the content on the back end in Cornerstone. And I have checked and DOUBLE checked that the content (rows and sections) are not hidden for desktop.

I hope this gets answered quickly.

And I WISH I could go back to the old X 4.6.4 which worked all the time and didn’t suddenly self-destruct so I get yelled at by my boss. IT WORKED. IT HAD LARGE TEXT EDITING FIELDS. I could go to sleep at night and not wake up to emails about content missing from pages!

The URL and admin login I created for X is in my last thread–I don’t know how to find it in this improved forum.

We have a saying in our culture, “If it’s not broke–don’t fix it.”

Now I’ve discovered several more pages are blank on the front end but appear in Cornerstone.

I really, really need Theme.co X to WORK!

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, base on your posts this issue happens just after you update the theme and Cornerstone, right? Sounds a caching issue to me.

Always remember to clear all caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

I see that your site is under CloudFlare and W3 Total Cache, please CLEAR and deactivate the W3 Total Cache plugin until we get the site in stable state.

Then login to your CloudFlare dashboard and configure it (please follow this post)

I read on your other post that you turned off CloudFlare, but did you purge it? Did you turn off its JS and CSS minification feature?

Please do not bump your thread if it’s not for additional information because it will automatically send back on the queue.

Thanks,

I wish this was a simple caching issue. But, this is much more complex.

I understand caching. I work in multiple browsers, all set to clear cache and I clear cache manually after each change to a site.

I also clear w3TC and CloudFlare cache. I even turned off CloudFlare cache and allowed traffic to pass through (gray cloud instead of orange cloud.

Additionally, I asked several people in different geographic locations (US East Coast, US West Coast, and in Germany to verify that Classic Sections which showed content in the back end did not in fact show anything on the front end.

Finally, I always use https://geopeeker.com/ to verify what I’m seeing is also seen in Singapore, Brazil, Virginia, California, Ireland and Australia. Geopeeker also showed the Classic Sections were there but had no content.

Due to the crisis issue that this site is a cornerstone corporate site I did not have time to keep testing things or to take screenshots to share with everyone.

Classic Sections fail on the site. I saved the home page and made a copy of it. In the copy I added New Improved sections and moved content into them. Unfortunately, some previous working elements no longer exist in this spectacular current iteration of X. So on three pages I needed to redesign entire sections using new elements and hand coded html.

If Theme.co wants to know what their users want it is RELIABILITY. STOP FIXING A THEME THAT ISN’T BROKEN.

Instead, go through the now abandoned useful forum and find unresolved things which DO NEED TO BE FIXED. FontAwesome Icons fail to appear (you’ll find lots of those tickets). Headlines are not responsive–THAT WOULD MAKE OUR LIVES BETTER instead of being forced to use the weird shortcode embed hack after headlines where all users are left to guess which exact numbers should be used to make things work so we test them again and again and again until we finally find font sizes which seem okay. There are many other useful things Theme.co could help the BUYERS with in the abandoned forum.

In the New Improved X I often type or paste plain text content into Content elements and nothing appears! Same thing with Text elements. This happens ad hoc and I never know what to do when I use an element and I can see the text in the abysmal text editor (yes–even the new one), and yet no text or html appears in the element on the page.

Stop fixing what isn’t broken. Fix the things paying users asked for. And fix this forum with the tiny, non expanding little text box here at the bottom.

Hi there,

We’ll be more happy to check the issues on your end, given that the preliminary procedures are implemented, especially the issues nowadays are due to cache.

The cache is not just in the browser, the cache from server side is a different and those caches are served to your browser. Even if you clear your browser cache and your server still served the same cache then it has no effect. There are many form or type of cache, so please check it with your cache plugin or features. But given that you already cleared and turned off them then please ignore the information about the cache.

Plus, the updates are grouped with minor as patches, and major which may have different features and enhancement than the previous versions. Which is why with major updates, we recommend cloning your stable site and test the update there. It’s not recommended to fully overhaul your stable and live site and perform maintenance and major updates. Even by redesigning a site, it needs to be done and tested in staging site to make sure everything is perfectly working before setting it live, it’s a common practice in any software development. And even from previous versions jumping from 2.0 to 3.0 has issues due to feature gaps and existing sites are always and mostly affected but it perfectly works in freshly made site.

We have to release the updates as it’s the only way the users could use it from building from scratch or for testing once they decide to move from old to latest. Plus I can’t reproduce this issue on my end, maybe my installs doesn’t have settings or customization that are strictly attached for that current/old version.

But yes, there are known issues that our developers are already working on, and they recently released some patches and maybe there will be more. But, I can’t reproduce this blank issue on my installation and it only usses classic elements, I can’t rule out this as a bug and I may need further information through testing.

Please start a new thread and provide your login credentials in a secure note (please include CF credentials too), then we’ll gather information about your site’s issue then I can add to our issue tracker.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.