Child Theme Style sheet not included following update to 5.1.0

Hi

I am just testing the next update and it appears the style.css file is no longer being included from the child theme.

I can see in the Source code where the CSS link line is missing. I am on a WP Engine Staging site so there is no CDN or Cache causing the problem and I am not using CloudFlare.

The live site is http://theatreplan.co.uk/
The staging site is http://theatreplan.staging.wpengine.com/

You will need a password to see the staging site and I will include that in a private note once the ticket is up.

I am running WP 4.8 and all plugins and themes are up to date.

I am wondering if I need to specifically include the path to the child theme style.css file although this would not normally be required.

Thanks
Tim

Hello Tim,

I can see the issue and it shouldn’t be that way. See this sample: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cbil27lY0C
if this is not a cache issue, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

  • Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

All the best!

Hi
Definitely not a cacheing problem as no page cacheing or CDN is possible on staging site and local caches have been cleared.

I’ll add credentials to Secure Note.

Thanks
Tim

Hi Tim,

I can’t login via FTP so I can’t see the entire content of your child theme. Would you mind saving a backup of your current child theme, and then install a clean child theme? You can get a clean child theme on your dashboard. Let’s see if that will work. Let us know how this goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.