Child CSS Not Taking Effect

I have a child theme and updated the child’s style.css file. I didn’t see any changes. So I went to the web address of the path to the stylesheet and it showed up but like no changes were made. So I cleared all the cache and the page still came up the same way.

Next I renamed the style.css file to something different, went to that path through my browser, and it came up. Then I renamed it back to style.css, refreshed it, and it’s like no changes have been made. I even checked from different browsers and different devices. It still show the blank child template style.css file.

Am I missing something? Is this even something you can help with?

Thanks.

Hi jclay12345,

I had this issue with the child theme. My hover effects code wasn’t recognized. I then put the code in the cornerstone builder, the css option on the menu and it worked. Not sure why.

Hope it helps you. Regards, Ed Sanders

Thanks. I found the problem. It’s with my hosting. They have some kind of caching on it.

You’re welcome.