Character goes missing?

Hi there!

I have created testimonials on my landing page, using this code:
blockquote {
/*
background: #f9f9f9;
*/
border-left: 10px solid #ccc;
margin: 1.5em 10px;
padding: 0.5em 10px;
quotes: “\201C”"\201D""\2018""\2019";
border-color: white;
font-size: 100%;
font-weight: normal;
}
blockquote:before {
color: #ccc;
content: open-quote;
font-size: 8em;
font-family: lat;
line-height: 0.1em;
margin-right: 0.1em;
vertical-align: -0.4em;
}
blockquote p {
display: inline;
line-height: 1.5em;
}

.testimonial_headline {
text-transform: uppercase;
font-weight: 900;
margin-bottom: 15px;
}

Tha all works fine. However, further down on the same page, I have more testimonials, which for now (as placeholders) are exact copies of the first one.

And I am really pulling my hair out over this… but on the other ones, one of the quotation marks goes missing? It is the EXACT same code / CSS selectors?

Many thanks for your help!

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

Would you mind double checking the URL you have provided? I tried checking it but it seems to be inaccessible at the moment.

Sorry, i had a server issue. Completely forgot about this ticket also.

Please try again, it works fine now.

Hi there,

I have checked your page and the quotes seem to be displaying correctly. See screenshot below.

Kindly try to clear your cache.

Hi Jade,

The character in the first section has always been ok.

The problem only appears further down the page! So it is still occuring.

Thanks.

Hey there,

This is the normal behavior of the quotes. See https://css-tricks.com/almanac/properties/q/quotes/

You might want to use FontAwesome instead. In the sample CSS below (add this to your Global CSS), I used the double quote font icon from FontAwesome library which comes from X.

blockquote:before {
    content: "\f10d";
    font-size: 4em;
    font-family: FontAwesome;
    line-height: 1.1em;
}

It will look like this.

Please note that the given code serves only as a guide and we do not have support any issues arising from the use of the code or any enhancement. For that, you should hire a third party developer.

Thanks.