Changing to child theme after site is built - Is that possible?

Hi there.

When we started our site, we had no idea about child themes - and never had any customization that would require one.
Now we have to modify some templates. And as far as I understand, Best Practice is to do that via a Child theme.

Before I embark on that little adventure: What will happen to our site when we switch to the child theme? Do we have to redo our custom CSS for example?

(The next site will have a child theme from the start, just to make sure.)

I’ll be on vacation the next two weeks, so no need to hurry with the answer :slight_smile:

Happy holidays and a good start into 2018,
Jens

Hi Jens,

Nothing will happen to your site when you switch to your child theme.

It will just carry over everything from your main theme.

But as always please back up your site before doing anything.

You can use this third party plugin

Hope that helps

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.