Changing staging site fails - cannot validate license

I’ve started building a new version of my site and want to set up a new staging site for the new version. Currently running X 4.6.4 on the wanna-be staging site. My problem is that I cannot activate X now on the new site to update/manage plugins. The error message is get is “Uh oh, we couldn’t check if this license was valid. Details.” and when I click on Details, the message is blank.

Is 4.6.4 still compatible with the current license management scheme? My main site is also still on 4.6.4 and seems to be OK?

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

I think it should still work if it’s previously activated, but since you move to staging then that could be the issue. And that error usually because your site is unable to contact our server and it’s not because of license system. Would you mind providing your staging URL, Admin and FTP login credentials on a secure note?

I’ll check what’s happening, it could be due to timeout or cURL. But I personally recommend installing the latest theme since the plugin you wish to install or update are only compatible with the latest theme (because updating the plugins will also make them the latest copies)

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi There,

Delete your Cornerstone plugin through your WordPress plugin section and then head over to X -> Overview section and wait for few seconds to install the latest version.

Then try to re-validate your X theme and it should work.

Thanks!